How to claim wage costs through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
HMRC has updated its guidance on making a claim for employee wages under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – also known as the furlough scheme.
It is also writing to companies to help them get ready to make a claim under the scheme. It says that, if you’re eligible for the scheme, there are things that you can do now to be ready when the system is up and running later this month.
You’ll need to provide the following to make a claim:
1. The bank account number and sort code you’d like us to use when we pay your claim.
2. The name and phone number of the person in your business for us to call with any questions.
3. Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
4. The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
5. The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.